Your sun sign is the zodiac sign in your birth chart where the sun is found the moment you were born. It speaks of your ego and self-expression; it shows your strengths, your authority, and leadership qualities; it describes your innate desires and self-expression; and it explains how you regard your physical appearance.
What do sun signs really mean in astrology? There is something more to your sun sign than what you find in daily horoscope readings. Here are some interesting revelations that your sun sign can tell all about you:
It speaks of your ego and self-expression
You sun sign is said to reveal your conscious mind and drive. It shows how you generally express yourself to attain your needs and your wants when it comes to relationships, career, and even leisure activities. Different sun signs show different ways of self-expression whether your sign is Aries, Leo, or Libra, among others.
It shows your strengths, your authority, and leadership qualities
With the sun being the center of the universe, your Sun sign reveals your core strengths. It shows your authoritative drive in your different endeavors, as well as your leadership qualities that come out naturally from you. It reveals your special skills in different areas, your creativity in different activities, as well as your passion in everything you do.
It describes your innate desires
Your sun sign can speak of your desires, which you are mostly aware of. However, your sun sign can also reveal some of your unconscious needs that come out naturally from within you. Your Sun sign describes how you unknowingly act out your innate desires.
It explains how you regard your physical appearance
As the sun sign speaks of acting out your needs and desires, it also says something about how you care for your looks. It describes how you regard your physical appearance and how you want others to see you in an effort to belong or even stand out from the rest.
The twelve sun signs of the zodiac reveal different character traits. Here are some short descriptions of each sun sign:
- Aries (March 21-April 20). With sun sign on Aries, your dominant traits are said to be brilliant, witty, pioneering, brave, and straightforward yet you tend to be selfish, impatient, and hyperactive.
- Taurus (April 21-May 21). When the sun is in the Taurus the day you were born, you personality would be characterized by persistence, tenacity, patience, and loyalty, but also by stubbornness, greed, jealousy, and inflexibility.
- Gemini (May 22-June 21). With a Gemini Sun sign, you are more likely to be versatile, flexible, charming, and lively, but you are also restless, nervous, and inconsistent on the darker side.
- Cancer (June 22-July 22). A Cancer Sun sign reflects traits of being sensitive, empathetic, cautious, and imaginative. You also tend to overemotional, moody, opinionated, and subjective.
- Leo (July 23- August 21). If your sun sign is Leo, your personality is characterized by being affectionate, faithful, generous, confident, enthusiastic, and creative, but also being stubborn, idealistic, selfish, and bossy.
- Virgo (August 22-September 21). The dominant traits of having Virgo sun sign is that you are analytical, intelligent, organized, responsible, and reliable. However, you have a tendency to be a perfectionist and you worry too much. You are also prone to be critical and fussy.
- Libra (September 22-October22). Librans are generally charming, sociable, diplomatic, and artistic. On the darker side, you could be gossipy, indecisive, and dependent.
- Scorpio (October 23-November 22). Having a Scorpio sun sign usually implies an emotional, passionate, determined, and forceful personality yet you could also be secretive, jealous, obsessive, and manipulative.
- Sagittarius (November 23-December 22). Being a Sagittarian, your personality would generally be fun and freedom-loving, honest, adaptable, optimistic, and intellectual. However, you also tend to be restless, tactless, and careless.
- Capricorn (December 23-January 20). The dominant traits of a Capricorn sun sign include being disciplined, ambitious, practical, and resourceful, as well as strict, authoritarian, and pessimistic.
- Aquarius (January 21-February 19). An Aquarian is generally characterized by being independent, loyal, honest, and intellectual. The negative traits include being isolated, detached, stubborn, and unpredictable.
- Pisces (February 20-March 20). With a Pisces sun sign, you tend to be more gentle, compassionate, creative, and dreamy. On the other hand, you are also prone to being an escapist and you usually tend to be secretive and idealistic.
These sun sign traits are general and not unique to your own personality. People who share the same sun sign with you have more or less the same character traits and tendencies. Your individuality, however, is dictated by all the other factors in your birth chart, including your moon sign, your Ascendant or rising sign, the houses in your birth chart, the planets, as well as the aspects they form.